TheExtreme Stick Tutorial TheExtreme Stick Tutorial

Excellent

I am a terrible artist, but I'm striving to get better at drawing, and I can honestly say this helped...telling us which tools to use really helped me. I'm still a noob to Flash, and saying little things like that really point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Ultra Sprite Tutorial Ultra Sprite Tutorial

Extremely helpful

As this is my first day in learning how to use Sprites, I found this tutorial very, very helpful. It did assume that you have a little background knowledge on Flash, which really wasn't a problem. It would only be a problem to someone that hasn't been using Flash for over a week, really.

I for one thought the "next" button was creative...and it took a mere 5 seconds to find it. I don't see a reason for complaint on that either.

FidioProductions responds:

Now this is the kind of reviews I love! Cheers! Go buy yourself a beer or coke depending on your age.

Star Force - Episode 1 Star Force - Episode 1

Amazing!

I was very, very impressed by this. I especially loved the ability to "Skip" the first little bit to get to the menu, and then the ability to skip the intro to the game as well.

Everything looks great. It's very eye-appealing.

The difficulty increase is well-balanced.

The only complaint I actually can make about this is that oftentimes I couldn't see around the ship, so I'd get shot without knowing there was a blast coming...but that happens in many third person games, so it's not a worry at all.

Ultimately this deserves a 5/5, 10/10 in my opinion...excellent Flash.

I'm curious...how long (Just take a guess in number of hours) did this take for you to make?

1man responds:

Hi,

Tnx for the positive feedback. It's my first game so I lost a lot of time with learning as3. Also making sure the gameloop runs smooth on my dual core as well as on my pentium3 laptop was a bit off a challenge.

So in total it's around 100 hours. But my next games with this engine should only take 20 - 40 (I hope :)

A Mini RPG v2 A Mini RPG v2

Buttons...

On the main menu, try making it so that the whole button is clickable, and not just outside of the text. Makes things a lot easier for the user :)

The 18 Flash Tutorials The 18 Flash Tutorials

ActionScript version...

Next time, please say in advance which version of ActionScript you're teaching. I'm using AS3 and was a bit disappointed when I noticed that the button code was AS2...so for me it wasn't helpful. It looked like useful info for AS2 users, but the text needed to be larger, and I don't think the custom cursor was really necessary as it made it difficult to click things.

Call Of Duty 4 Call Of Duty 4

Loading screen...?

Just as a previous reviewer stated, it didn't advance past the first page...I'm pretty sure it's because it didn't load the 9.3 MB file because there wasn't a loading screen. Gotta implement one of those.

Flash CS3 Mini-Tutorial Flash CS3 Mini-Tutorial

Very helpful!

I'm using Flash CS3 and have been waiting for a tutorial on buttons for the longest time now...thank you for clearing the confusion up!

I thought you did a pretty good job explaining things, although in the future I would like to know just a bit more about what the code does and how it works. Those little notes marked with "///" really helped...a lot. I'd just like to see more of those. They were frequent in the buttons section but not so much in the pointing arrow and cursors section, which left me wondering how the code works and what each piece does.

Other than that though, I thought this tutorial was EXCELLENT. I'm adding it to my favorites for future reference. Thanks for making this!

Jaye19 responds:

Youre Welcome

I didnt explain that much in the other sections cuz there not that much important

Monster TD Monster TD

Nice!

Very fun and VERY challenging game...couldn't quite get to the atomic gun. Died on level 12. Only thing it was missing was sound!

Star Wars: DSM - Remix Star Wars: DSM - Remix

Great Game

Simple, but fun!

Crimson Warfare Crimson Warfare

Awesome

This game is great...I love the depth it has. It's not just merely sending units, there are also upgrades and such to keep you busy...excellent. And it made me want to install Starcraft again when I heard the tank's sound, haha.